Donors have many reasons to give to the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. For some, a medical breakthrough discovered within our labs saved his/her life. For others, the desire to improve health in South Carolina drives giving.
Whatever the reason, your support helps us to sustain a legacy of advancing health in South Carolina and beyond through medical education, research and patient care. Everything you do to help advance our mission is greatly appreciated.
- Support Medical Breakthroughs – Every day, University of South Carolina School of Medicine scientists and investigators are unraveling the mysteries of illnesses that cripple our community, such as heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders and pain therapy.
- Extend Service and Help to South Carolinians – As a community-based medical school, we are committed to caring for the people of the communities in which we serve. Help us help thousands who may not otherwise have assess to quality health care by supporting our partnerships for better health in rural and low-income communities throughout South Carolina,
- Sustain the Mission of the School of Medicine – Since admitting our first class in 1977, we have gained a national, well-respected reputation for primary care education, pioneering research, and humanistic patient care. Your ongoing support ensures that we remain true to our mission.
- Educate Future Physicians, Scientists and Health Care Professionals – The reality is, there is a physician shortage across the country, especially in South Carolina. The majority of our state’s doctors will retire in the next two decades and it takes approximately 12-16 years to produce one doctor…do the math. The answer is clear. We need your support to make sure we are sufficiently preparing physicians and health care professions to meet the demands of our citizens today and tomorrow.
- Shape the Future for Better Health for All – Pioneering advancements of health emerge at academic medical institutions like the University of South Carolina’s School of Medicine. Endowments solidify our legacy of innovations through funding of scholarships, professorships, and research.