Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Biomedical Sciences
The University of South Carolina’s School of Medicine offers a new one-year certificate program for students who aspire to enter medical school or pursue graduate-level education in the health sciences. Students are able to enhance their professional-school resume through extensive graduate-level course work in the areas of anatomy, genetics, physiology, pharmacology, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, and neuroscience along with several other courses in the biomedical sciences.
This program will help students prepare for the next step in their education by giving them the tools they need to become more competitive for entry into medical, dental or other professional schools. In addition, the faculty and staff will provide guidance to assist students with applications and interview preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree in the sciences from an accredited U.S. university
- Education that offers the potential for professional school admission
- Solid background in biology and chemistry (organic chemistry)
- GPA of 2.8 or higher
- GRE combined score of 1100 and/or MCAT score of 21 or higher
- Three letters of recommendations
- Personal statement describing career objective and past educational achievements
- One-year program cost for in-state $15,750; out-of-state $21,000
- Admissions are on a rolling basis
- For more information contact Dr. Chandrashekhar Patel
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Phone: 803-216-3818 or 803-730-3655
Web: Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Biomedical Sciences
Successful completion of the program does not guarantee admission into medical or graduate school.